Sunday, July 20, 2014

McCall's M7000, View B, Fabric and Notions

McCall's 7000, View B
My Fabric and Notions
I picked up all my fabric and notions to make the Elsa dress or view B of McCall's 7000.

For the skirt, or the main fabric for view B, I chose a light blue satin,



Casa Collection Satin Solids

Specifically I chose a Casa Collection Satin Solid in the color Clearwater.

For the bodice, or contrast one, it called for a sequin fabric but I made a different choice.
Crinkle Pearlized Shear and Posh Lining Fabric
Jo-ann's did not have a sequined or confetti dot fabric that was the right color I had to come up with a different plan to how I was going to do the bodice. I chose a blue crystal pearlized sheer and a posh lining fabric in crystal blue. I would have had to use a lining even if they had the right color sequin fabric.

For the train and sleeves, or contrast two, I chose a sheer ribbon organza.
Specifically this is SUEDEsays Shear Ribbon Organza in Clearwater.

Finally notions.
I have blue slimline clear buttons, both view A, Anna dress, and view B, Elsa dress, call for a clear button. One light blue Coat's 14" polyester all purpose zipper. The thread I chose is Gutermann 100m in Opal Blue. Lastly is the pattern going to need that to make this dress.

I believe the colors match nicely I avoided glitter to keep my little one from getting glitter everywhere. I'm going to be making the smallest size, size 3-4, though I think my little one may even be too small for that.

So excited to start,
Happy Sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment