Tuesday, July 22, 2014

McCall's M7000, View B, Pattern Pieces and Cutting Layout


I've preshrunk my fabric, cut out my pattern pieces, laid them out, and cut them out.
The skirt pieces cut out of the satin, the fabric was too large for my table so I had to pin and cut on the floor.

The overlay, yoke and sleeves, out of the ribbon organza, it had a cross fold and one of the pieces was cut on the bias.

The bodice pieces, I laid them over the crinkle sheer and the lining, cut through all four layers at once. The envelope did not call for a lining except for on view C, but the instructions and pattern pieces call for a lining on the bodice on both views A and B good thing I bought lining anyway.
And my scraps. There were some pretty large remnants leftover. Especially with the satin and the organza, I probably have enough to make the same dress for a doll.

All my pattern pieces are cut out and marked...
My bobbin is wound and machine threaded, time to press the gas pedal.
Happy Sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment