Monday, September 14, 2015

The Underskirt (Butterick 4827, View B)

I have finished the underskirt for my Renaissance dress. Here's a look at how it went.

I used the brocade for the underskirt. You have to be careful with brocades because they fray very easily, I serged every seam after it was finished sewing. I used satin pins, close together, to keep it from sliding. I also used a universal needle in size 90/14, and a 2.5 stitch length.

I was surprised because I had more fabric left over than the extra 1/8th that I bought. Also I didn't even use one spool of the thread I bought, (which was 100% cotton, sew all, thread).

Also I tried to use a disappearing ink fabric marker, and it worked, but it faded within 20 minutes. That was a lot quicker than the week it took on the cotton I tested before. Not a bad thing I didn't have to worry about the ink showing.

Now on to the more difficult project. The dress part.

Happy Sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment