Friday, July 24, 2015

Renaissance Festival Dress: Picking a Pattern




Since Hoshicon is over the next even on my list is the Carolina Renaissance Festival, and I want to make a dress for it. I decided that I don't want to do anything overly complicated, so instead of designing my own I'm going straight from a pattern. Let me take you on the journey while I narrow down my choices.




Honorable Mentions
At this time the fall previews (2015) for both McCall's and Simplicity are available. Since I do not own any of the patterns from the fall preview yet, I did not include them in my selections. There are two that are worth mentioning though.

Simplicity 1094
McCall's M7218

The frozen fever one (Simplicity 1094), I would consider but probably not make because of the sort sleeve issue.

The peacock dress is one I could see working if I were going for enchantress or sorceress.

Runner Ups
All patterns that came close but didn't make it.

Simplicity
1137
1347(not currently available)
1487 (not currently available)
9891 (OOP)
4940

Butterick
4571
McCall's
6940

Winner

Butterick 4827

Accessories:
Butterick 5371

No comments:

Post a Comment